International Academic Excellence Scholarships in South Korea
Chonnam National University has come up with the International Academic Excellence Scholarship for bright and potential-filled students who seek financial help to pursue their higher education. The applications for the academic year 2022-2023 are now open.
All international undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The scholarship award will typically be a partial reduction in entrance and tuition and in school fees up to 10% to 30% of the actual amount. The benefits of the scholarship can be taken for you to eight semesters of study.
Chonnam National University is a university in Gwangju and South Jeolla Province, South Korea. It was founded in 1952, it is now ranked at 738th in Best Global Universities. The motto of Chonnam National University is truth, creativity, and service.
Why choose to study at the Chonnam National University? Chonnam National University aims to foster future leaders of noble character as well as profound knowledge in professional fields and who will be able to contribute to the development of the nation and the world.
Application Deadline: The application process is ongoing. Students are suggested to apply as soon as possible.
- University or Organization: Chonnam National University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or graduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in South Korea.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for any desired undergraduate or graduate degree programme offered at the Chonnam National University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students accepted under international admissions.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students are required to apply for admission via the university’s designated application portal, JinhakApply. All eligible students will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official graduate certificate
- Completed application forms
- Two confidential letters of recommendation
- An official academic transcripts from every college/university attended
- An original or notarized copy of the degree certificate
- Copy of passport
- Letter of recommendation
- Passport of parents
- Proof of nationality
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalents stipulated by the regulations.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL PBT – 530
- TOEFL CBT – 197
- TOEFL IBT – 71
- IELTS – 5.5
- CEFR – B2
- TEPS – 600
- NEW TEPS – 326
- TOEIC – 700 or higher
- TOPIC – level 3
The applicants selected by the Chonnam National University will be provided with a 30% reduction on fees on entrance and tuition and up to 10% to 30% reduction in the school fee of the study programme undertaken by them.